Integrating Computer Science in your 6-8 Classroom
Designed for middle school educators teaching across all subjects, the Integrating Computer Science professional development workshop is designed to equip teachers with the knowledge and instructional strategies to integrate computer science into existing coursework. The topics covered in each workshop include:
- Role of Computer Science in society and the classroom
- Indiana Computer Science Standards, including where to locate the standards and how to navigate the curriculum map
- Introduction to the 6 core concepts of the computer science standards
- Discussion of the core practices of CS
- Experiencing classroom lessons for each core concept
The workshop will provide an intro to computer science, pedagogy, overview of the online curriculum, teacher dashboard, and strategies for teaching “unplugged” classroom activities.
Eligibility and Pre-Requisites
This workshop is for 6-8 Computer Science Teachers, Media/Library Specialists, Resource/Tech Teachers, and General Education classroom teachers that have already begun bringing computer science to their classrooms.
- In-Person: Live workshops held at locations across the state
- Virtual: Two synchronous sessions and one asynchronous session, offered over one or multiple days