Nextech 2023-24 K-8 Incentives
Teachers and other school staff (e.g., paraprofessionals, librarians, CS/STEM teachers) are eligible to receive a $100 gift card for attending an eligible workshop during the current cohort year June 1, 2023 – May 31, 2024.
- Code.org CS Fundamentals
- Code.org CS Fundamentals Deep Dive
- Integrating Computer Science (Classroom, AI, or Digital Citizenship)
- Unpacking the Indiana Computer Science Standards
- CS is the T in STEM
- MAKING CS Happen: How Computer Science and Making Go Hand-in-Hand
- Teaching CS for Neurodiverse Learners
- Teaching CS for English Language Learners
Eligibility Requirements for $100 Gift Card Incentive:
- Must complete an eligible workshop.
- May receive a maximum of two (2) gift cards for attending workshops throughout the cohort year.
- May attend a workshop as many times as you would like, but you will only be incentivized for attending each unique workshop once per cohort year.
- Must be an Indiana school teacher or staff, employed in a school located in Indiana (public, charter, or private) teaching the grades for the workshop. This policy is in place for both public and private workshops.
- If you are currently enrolled in a Nextech stipend-granting, immersive program where you are being paid a stipend by Nextech (not a partner organization) you are not eligible.
- In order to receive a gift card, the following requirements must be fulfilled:
- Attend a full workshop (virtual or in-person)
- Full participation is required in the workshop. (Note: If you don’t participate, you won’t receive an incentive.)
- All workshop attendees must fill out a Nextech-provided completion form that includes your email address on where to send the gift card.
- To receive your card, be sure to fill out your completed form within 24 hours of completing the workshop. Gift Cards will be processed within two weeks of completing the workshop.
- Nextech retains the right to change or stop providing the incentive at any time.
CSPDWeek 2023 Note: If you are a CSPDWeek Educator that is attending a Nextech workshop as continuing education to meet your CSPDWeek stipend requirements, when completing the incentive request form, you will need to decide if you want the workshop to count for your CSPDWeek stipend, (provided by CSTA) or if you would like an incentive. It will not count for both.