Virtual CS Conference for HS Students
Modeled after tech and educational conferences, Nextech Navigate is a a virtual computer science conference designed to inspire 9-12 graders to pursue a post-secondary path in computer science and technology, and to remind them that they are the innovators of our future. All high schools students in Indiana are invited to attend the full-day event regardless of computer science class enrollment and type of school they attended.
At Navigate, students are empowered to make their own agenda by choosing topics from three different educational tracks that interest them most. Sessions focused on the following topics:
- Indiana tech community & tech companies
- Tech applications and CS concepts via technical instruction
- Post-secondary paths & build career readiness skills
Nextech Navigate aims to expose students to many facets of the tech world and career paths. Specifically, students will:
- Build understanding of applications, tools and technologies while exploring CS concepts
- Increase knowledge of post-secondary opportunities and build career readiness skills
- Gain awareness of Indiana technology and tech-enabled organizations and potential tech jobs within the state
- Exercise choice by selecting and creating their own conference experience and agenda
- Increase motivation to pursue a post-secondary career in technology and to pursue career in Indiana
Continuing to build each year, Navigate has influenced high schools students statewide. Thank you to the tech community for continuing to build the next generation of tech talent by sharing their stories and knowledge.