CS Licensure Prep with WeTeach_CS
WeTeach_CS Certification Prep course will develop educator competencies necessary to become certified in Computer Science. This course will prepare teachers to take the Praxis Computer Education (5652) test.
This license addition is one-way to teach Computer Science courses in the state of Indiana, For details about what you can teach with your Indiana license, go here.
Eligibility and Requirements
This workshop is intended for 9-12 teachers; K-8 teachers will be accepted based on availability.
Any Indiana teacher interested in becoming certified to teach Computer Science is eligible to attend. Attendees should have at least some prior experience in coding or programming to maximize their participation in this workshop. Teachers that are scheduled to teach a CS course in high school in the 2021-22 school year will be prioritized.
- Length: 4 required sessions, 4 optional sessions, see dates and times below.
- Cost to Participate: $0
- Stipend: $400 for workshop participation + $500 bonus for taking and passing exam.
- Open Foundations (asynchronous online course): Kicking off Saturday, October 16, 2021
- Required Session # 1: Saturday, October 30, 2021, 9AM – 3PM ET
- Required Session # 2: Monday, November 15, 2021, 6-7:30PM ET
- Optional Session: Wednesday, November 17, 2021, 6-7:30PM ET
- Required Session # 3: Saturday, December 11, 2021, 9AM – 3PM ET
- Optional Session: Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 6-7:30PM ET
- Required Session # 4: Saturday, January 29, 2022, 9AM – 3PM ET
- Optional Session: Tuesday, February 8, 2022, 6-7:30PM ET