Unpacking the Updated Indiana Computer Science Standards (K-8)
Designed for middle school educators teaching across all subjects, the Integrating Computer Science professional development workshop is designed to equip teachers with the knowledge and instructional strategies to integrate computer science into existing coursework.
The topics covered in each workshop include:
- Role of Computer Science in society and the classroom
- Indiana Computer Science Standards, including where to locate the standards and how to navigate the curriculum map
- Introduction to the six core concepts of CS: Data and Information (DI), Computing Devices and Systems (CD), Programs and Algorithms (PA), Networking and the Internet (NI), Impact and Culture (IC) and Digital Literacy (DL)
- Experiencing classroom lessons for each core concept
Eligibility and Pre-Requisites
This workshop is for K-8 Computer Science Teachers, Media/Library Specialists, Resource/Tech Teachers and General Education classroom teachers.
- In-Person: Live workshops held at locations across the state
- Virtual: Two synchronous sessions and one asynchronous session, offered over one or multiple days
- Cost: $0
- Incentive: $100 gift card