The Integrating CS Deep Dive workshop is a great opportunity to collaborate with other 6-8 teachers that have been working on bringing computer science to their students. We like to think of the Deep Dive workshop as “a conversation between friends about what is working really well in your CS lessons and where you might be having issues getting things to click (either for yourself or the students).”
These workshops are a similar time format to the Unpacking the IN CS Standards & Integrating CS in your Middle School Classroom workshops (two virtual meetings, 2 hours/each, and a series of online tasks to complete in between) where we help to strengthen your understanding and execution of computer science using the Code.org CS Fundamentals and CS Discoveries curriculums. At the end of the experience, you will have 7 hours of PGP hours and will be ready to continue implementing CS in your classroom.
Eligibility and Pre-Requisites
This workshop is for 6-8 Computer Science Teachers, Media/Library Specialists, Resource/Tech Teachers, and General Education classroom teachers that have already begun bringing computer science to their classrooms.
- Length: Workshops are offered in different ways, some are a single day, and some are spread out over multiple days. All workshops will have two 2-hour zoom meetings with approximately 2-4 hours of asynchronous work to complete in between.
- Cost: $0
- Saturday, September 25, 9-11AM ET and 2-4PM ET
- Monday, October 11, 3-5PM ET and Wednesday, October 13, 3-5PM ET
- Monday, November 15, 3-5PM ET and Wednesday, November 17, 3-5PM ET
- Saturday, December 4, 9-11AM ET and 2-4PM ET