February 23rd, 2017
Lace up those sneakers! It’s nearly game time for Brackets for Good 2017 (#BFGIndy). Not sure what BFG is, check out this video or read more below. The bottom line is Nextech needs your support to score big and win $10,000! Like in any big game, the team needs to be on the same page in order to succeed. So, it’s time to learn our plays and ensure Nextech wins Philanthropy’s BIG DANCE!
Score Points for Nextech
To win each round of #BFG, Nextech needs to score more points than the nonprofit we face. And we only score points one way. For every dollar you donate, Nextech gets a point. It’s that easy! Here are a few ways to help us score points during Round 1:
- Register to attend our on Hoops Happy Hour fundraiser.
- Order Cluster Truck. Every Wednesday in March is BFG “Nextech day.” Every ordered placed on Wednesday = $1 donated to Nextech.
- Put points on our board through BFG. Your $25 donation will pay for one student to experience an Hour of Code on Nextech’s makeshift mobile computing lab or an hour wage for a Nextech Catapult. View our matchup and donate here.
Encourage your friends to score points for Nextech
Here are a few ways you can help spread the word about Nextech and our run to win #BFGIndy. We need all the team players we can get to score points!
- Get your game face on. Join us on Thursday, Feb. 23 and update your Twitter, Facebook or Instagram (or all three) profile pictures to support Nextech’s run in #BFGIndy.
- Be our loudest fan. Scream loud and proud to rally support for our team. Use these custom social media graphics and copy to promote Nextech’s run in #BFGIndy on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. New graphics will be added weekly!
- Wave your Nextech banner. Add a banner to your email signature to let your friends, family and colleagues know we need their points in the paint. Click here to install.
- Three-point play. Complete your BFG Donor Profile, and you will earn $2 via a “Free Throw Code” to donate to Nextech. You can “make it a 3-point play” and receive an additional $1 by tweeting Lids. This offer becomes available Feb. 24 and continues while supplies last.
- Buzzer beater. When you donate through BFG, you will have the option to turn on “Buzzer Beater” points. This schedules a second donation for the final instant of the round. Enabling this feature basically doubles your donation. The first points show up on the scoreboard immediately; the rest score in the final instant of the round.
Round 1: Nextech vs. GiGi’s Playhouse Indianapolis
Nextech faces GiGi’s Playhouse Indianapolis in Round 1 of the competitive giving action. GiGi’s Playhouse Indianapolis’s mission is to change the way the world views Down syndrome through national campaigns, educational programs and by empowering individuals with Down syndrome, their families and the community. They offer free therapeutic and educational programming to individuals with Down syndrome and their families.
In case you missed it or need a refresher, here’s an overview of BFG.
- Check out this :60 video.
- What is BFG? A charitable, online fundraising tournament where up to 64 hand-selected, local nonprofits compete for donations and a chance to win $10,000.
- How does it work? Picture March Madness. Now, replace the college teams with nonprofits.During each week-long round, supporters donate money to help their team score. $1 = 1 point. The nonprofit with more points at the end of the round advances. Points reset.
- Who is BFG for? Any and all philanthropists from a CEO at a multi-billion dollar company to a director at a small nonprofit, full-time mom, local sports fanatic or a young professional.
- When does it start? Competitive giving action tips off next Friday, Feb. 24 at 8 PM.